Thursday

MATH POEMS: These poems are used to help kids learn math concepts and remember math words.

My Dog, Numerator 
Numerator!
Numerator!

Down from there!
You'll drive me crazy!
Dog, ya hear!!!
I have a dog named,

Numerator,Not equal,
Less,
Or any
greater,

Than dogs, Addition,
Or Take away,
He likes the top,
That's what he'd say...
I came home one time,
Where could he be?
Out for a run,
A swim in the sea???

I searched and searched,
My eyes were
red,
I looked in the mirror,
He was asleep on my head!!!

Numerator's always,
On top of things,
Bunk-beds, slides,
See-saws, swings...
Late last night,
Heard a scared, woooooof,
Numerator, was balanced,
Up on the roof!! 
 

I was scared so stiff,
Horrified with horror,
If Numerator slipped,
He'd see no tomorra',

A ladder, I grabbed,
Climbed to the top,
Screamed, "Get down!"
But he didn't stop...

Numerator danced,
A-one, two, three,
We both danced,
My puppy and me...

All fears were gone,
We waltzed the roof...
If I had a camera,
Pics would be proof...

After hours of Tango,
Of salsa,
And swing,
We fell to the ground,

With a big, big, big Ding!!!
I looked at
Numerator,

"This has to stop!"
But
Numerator gave a lick,
"I just like the top!!!"  


http://www.mathstory.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment